I don't want to steal your information.
But some people do.
Who I am
Black Bow Communications, LLC is a company based around copywriting and creating content. This is the umbrella company for projects completed by Brittany Aileen McGinnis, including newsletters, movie scripts, novels, and copywriting endeavors.
Why I Collect and Use Your Information
I use your information for a few purposes:
To enable me to provide you with my services, and to improve and promote my services.
To send you newsletters, curated or otherwise.
To contact you regarding project updates or setups.
I process personal data to fulfill contracts and pursue mutual interests in regard to completing projects, prevent fraud, deliver products effectively, and to report fraud or other illegal activities to the authorities if needed.
What Types of Information Do I Collect and Receive and How?
I collect information in the following ways:
Information provided from sign-up forms, on this website or elsewhere.
Payments via PayPal, Stripe, and/or any other payment platform used for invoicing.
LastPass and any other encrypted password sharing technology (including email).
Messengers, including Facebook.
Information about your activity on and interaction with my website (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site) and email newsletter (such as what links you click and if and when you open the email). I use Squarespace and MailChimp to gather this data.
Information about the ways people visit and interact with my site, in the form of traffic analytics.
Communications you send to me.
I may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed above. I will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
You may decline to provide me with your information and ask that your information be removed. However, this will limit your ability to register for services. For example, if you decline, you may not receive my email newsletter.
I may collect certain personal data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit my website.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how my users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to my website as they move from page to page.
How Do I Protect Your Data and Who Else Receives Your Information?
First and foremost, I make sure to pseudonimze any personally identifiable information so that it’s not seen by the public.
In some cases, I may share basic information like your first name, last name initial, and home state with the public. For example, if I announce you as the winner of a giveaway in my newsletter, I may write “Congratulations to Dracula D. (MS) on winning the giveaway!”. In these instances, I will ask you for consent to display this information. I may share your social media handle(s) in my communications if you have meaningfully interacted with me. For example, if you win a giveaway on Twitter, I may write, “Congratulations to @iFrankenstein on winning the giveaway!” I will ask for explicit consent to display this information in a public setting. I do not consider a private Facebook group to be a public setting.
I may also share certain communications you send to me (for example, an email message or comment about how much you liked the newsletter). I will scrub these communications of any personally identifiable information such as your email address or full name.
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users unless you grant explicit consent:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your email address;
- Your mailing address;
- Your IP address;
- Any other private profile information.
- Communications you send to me (for example, when you ask for support, send questions or comments, or report a problem).
In some instances, I may also share your information to the following parties and for the following reasons:
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
- Service providers under contract who help with my business operations. I employ these companies and people to perform tasks and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you.
- My affiliates and promotional partners, so they can offer you special products, services, discounts, tickets, and other items or services. Likewise, I may receive information from such affiliates and promotional partners to offer my Users special items or services. I ask for your explicit consent in sharing your personal information with these parties. I do not sell personal information to third parties. The data that is usually shared with affiliates and promotional partners is in aggregate and not at an individual level (for example, I may share that “most of my newsletter subscribers love copywriting books”).
- I may also transfer your personal data in the event that I sell or transfer all or a portion of my business or assets on a need to know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, I will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to me in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
I do not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
You have a right to a copy of the information I have about you. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I retain your data for the shortest amount necessary to provide you with services. Typically, I will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website and services.
How I Work With Third-Parties
As noted above, I may share your information with certain trusted third-party services and brand partners (example: MailChimp who helps me deliver the newsletters, or when I partner with payment processors, or use Google Analytics to help me understand how my site is being used and how to attract more customers). When I share data with third-party services that support delivery of services, I require that they use your information only for the purposes I've authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards I do. I do not release or sell private and personally identifiable information.
Because I run a US-based company, your information will be collected and processed in the United States. The United States has its own laws governing data protection and government access to information. The rules that protect your personal information under United States law may be different than in your home country.
Data transfers outside the EEA
I may transfer the personal data I obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. In particular, personal data may be transferred to the United States.
When I transfer your personal data outside the EEA, I will protect your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the European Union.
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all users can manage their personal information by request.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Additional Rights for EEA Users
If you live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws.
I will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact me at email@example.com so that I may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided me.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that I hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that I stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending You marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require me to correct any of Your Personal Data.
Our Policy on Children
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use my services on their own. I do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 that are acting without permission from their parents.
If you believe that a child has provided me with personal information without parental consent, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about this policy, or about the site, please contact me at email@example.com. I will make every effort to resolve your concerns.